In March of 2020, Rotary International released Disaster Relief funding to help fight the Coronavirus Pandemic. Each Rotary District was to provide emergency services in their region to those most in need. Rotary District 6630 received $25,000 in funding for Northeast Ohio. All 53 Rotary clubs partnered together and decided to provide PPE to selected hospitals on the front line of fighting Covid-19.
Seven Northeastern Ohio hospitals, with the greatest needs, were carefully chosen and 1,500 PPE Level-2 medical gowns were purchased and personally delivered by the Rotary 6630 District Grant Committee representatives to each of these 7 leading hospitals:
* Akron Children's Hospital - Rotary Club of Akron, President Dr. Rob McGregor
* Ashtabula Medical Center - Rotary Club of Ashtabula, President Trevor Sprague
* Cleveland Clinic - Rotary Club of Cleveland, President Ron Felgenhauer
* Southwest General Hospital - Rotary Club of Berea, President Linda Kramer
* UH Bedford Medical Center - Rotary Club of Bedford, President Hazana Rivers
* UH Geauga Medical Center - Rotary Clubs of Chagrin Valley and Chesterland, President Kathaleen McWilliams
* Western Reserve Hospital - Rotary Club of Cuyahoga Falls, President Rick Pollak
"The hospitals were very appreciative for the timely front-line medical assistance and all Rotarians were proud to be able to be part of providing help to our community during this Coronavirus Pandemic," stated Patricia Myers, Rotary District Governor for Northeast Ohio #6630. "I am so very proud of all our Rotary clubs helping in the project. . Together, we make a difference in the lives of those in need both here in our community and beyond through our time, talents, and treasure. This is the Heart of Rotary. Thank you Rotarians!"
Rotary International District 6630 includes over 50 clubs of active community service leaders throughout Northeastern Ohio. We are your neighbors, community leaders, problem solvers, and global citizens uniting for the common good. With you, we can accomplish even more. Rotary International has over 1.2 million members worldwide. Our members join together, working for inclusiveness, equality, peace, and to help to make the world a better place.